The Orchard; The Tag
Envisage strolling down an orchard, away from city whiff, the scent from the array of fruits hanging on the trees, the birds melodiously twittering above as the tress canopy you from the sweltering heat of the blazing overhead sun. Oh the bliss…paradise!
It’s a beautiful afternoon; you’re unaccompanied so you decide to have a deep look of your life. The aroma from the ripening fruits hanging from the trees in resemblance to street lights illuminating the boulevards of the innocent town Eldoret so safety can prevail the night or just so the drunks can find their way to the polls, not to dance, but find support and lean on these “supporting buddies”.
“My life is worthless…” you deduce, and start jotting down a manifesto of your life to alleviate your lot in this life (like the fruits on the tree). Will it work, the manifesto that is?
Gravity does its “thing” again not on Isaac Newton this time round but on whom? You, your head rather. A dent won’t emerge on your brain capsule though. You bend over (not the silly, puke inducing dance) to pick the fruit.
It’s golden, revitalizing, it’s got “it” like Nakumatt, oh, and how you savour it!
Why has it taken long to show my gratitude and award other Bloggers that I’ve discovered? Wait, do I have to answer that? It’s not that I’ve abrogated any law, have I? Hehehe
-> I had a paper cut while typing the post! Really, I did…
-> Blame it on the K.P.L.C (K.P) people. The obvious, apart from the cliché; the dog (virus) ate my homework (blog post)…
-> I was busy lazing. May be…
It required me to do certain things…
- Thank and link back to the person who sent you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Spread the love and honor. Award recently discovered Bloggers.
- Contact these Bloggers and tell them about the award.
What seven (why seven, why not just one) things about me are worth sharing, hmm…
- I’m claustrophobic… so no errands for me on top floors of K.V.D.A or Kiptagich House (Tall buildings in Eldy) because you’ll be exacting torment on my beloved body with all the “stairthon” (stair marathon). The elevator spins my head, literally. But I’m working on it.
- I’m friendly to life, taking a day at a time, to appreciate life with those around me.
- I look down on myself most of the time. I always see myself not fit to take on any challenge, like blogging, and that turns out to be the spark that ignites my bravery on in doing things. Put it: I’m humble and that exalts me.
- Magnanimous – Why keep grudge, plan revenge attacks, yet, you can forgive->forget->forge on with your life and always be at peace? Rancour is for those who lack self-control; can’t discipline their emotions.
- Don’t imbibe alcohol. They call us teetotallers.
- I’m a sucker for science fiction, detective, comedy, cartoon; movies, books.
- Chivalrous – …
(viii) All of the above.
That’s it or almost…
Now my love goes out to Bazil
I’ll tag more people later.